LOOP sells car insurance that is fair for everyone. We do this by using data about how and where you drive to make better decisions (rather than relying on credit score and other demographic factors), while delivering a delightful customer experience focused on building community and trust in financial services.
The Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for securing LOOP's data storage, software development, and customer interactions. In addition, this person will provide cross-team security training, design and implement preventative security measures, secure cloud networks, and work with DevOps to design and implement threat detection monitoring solutions. This role is part of LOOP’s Engineering team.
- Provide leadership to ensure LOOP’s data storage, software development, and customer interactions are done in accordance with industry best practices
- Work with software engineers to enforce authentication and authorization for all deployed microservices
- Provide cross-team security training and leadership across the whole organization, especially for individuals and systems dealing with customer data
- Implement and detect preventative security controls to anticipate, identify, and fix security vulnerabilities in lower environments, before they make their way into production
- Configure cloud network security between internal / external apps and end-user communication
- Work with DevOps to implement threat detection monitoring solutions in live environments and develop a mitigation and resolution plan for when those arise
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Experience designing and implementing secure workloads and infrastructure, preferably in Google Cloud (GCP)
- Experience configuring access within a cloud solution environment
- Experience configuring cloud network security between internal and external apps / end-user communication
- Experience ensuring cloud data protection
- Experience managing operations within a cloud solution environment
- Experience ensuring cloud security compliance
- Experience with Identity and Access management
- Experience defining organizational structure and policies regarding Cloud Security
- Experience managing incident responses, configuring network security defenses, collecting and analyzing Cloud logs
This position is for full time, based in Austin TX with potential options of remote work.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.