LOOP is a mission-driven insurance company, creating fair car insurance for all. Rather than relying on unfair criteria like credit score to price our customers — we use predictive models and real-time driving data to give customers a price they can feel great about.
We are tech-powered and people-centered. Our community, customers, and team members are at the heart of who we are and why we do what we do. We’re a B-Corp backed by top-tier VCs, institutional investors, and reinsurers, who all believe in the change we’re bringing to this industry.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic company that is positive, engaging, and diverse you’ve found the right place.
- Build highly scalable front-end applications that are either customer facing or for internal use
- Collaborate with product designers to build dynamic and responsive front end applications ensuring fluidity and consistency across devices
- Work with product managers, back-end and front-end developers to ensure all system components are communicating and behaving as expected
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to keep API requests and payloads consistent with expectations and business logic
- Build and maintain front-end and back-end applications and make sure that they work seamlessly when working together
- Ensure the use of security best practices such as authentication, reCaptcha, and others as outlined by the security engineer
- 3+ years experience
- React front-end experience
- Experience developing single and multi-page web applications
- Experience interacting with API enabled backends
- Experience authenticating the front-end with a backend service and/or API and managing authenticated routes in the front-end
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience building Node.js and/or Python Flask backends
- This position is for full time, remote work, with the option to work out of our HQ in Austin, TX
- Time Allocation: 65% Back-end, 25% Front-end, 10% Testing
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- $100,000 - $140,000 Base. Salary ranges are used in good faith, depend on experience and are subject to change
- Employee Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.