LOOP sells car insurance that is fair for everyone. We do this by using data about how and where you drive to make better decisions (rather than relying on credit score and other demographic factors), while delivering a delightful customer experience focused on building community and trust in financial services.
- Build highly scalable front-end applications that are either customer facing or for internal use
- Collaborate with product designers to build dynamic and responsive front end applications ensuring fluidity and consistency across devices
- Work with product managers, back-end and front-end developers to ensure all system components are communicating and behaving as expected
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to keep API requests and payloads consistent with expectations and business logic
- Build and maintain front-end and back-end applications and make sure that they work seamlessly when working together
- Ensure the use of security best practices such as authentication, reCaptcha, and others as outlined by the security engineer
- 3+ years experience
- React front-end experience
- Experience developing single and multi-page web applications
- Experience interacting with API enabled backends
- Experience authenticating the front-end with a backend service and/or API and managing authenticated routes in the front-end
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience building Node.js and/or Python Flask backends
This position is for full time, based in Austin TX with potential options of remote work.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.