Loop Mobility Inc. (Loop) is an auto insurance player that will use AI to provide a fair price to all. We've developed a proprietary and deeply AI-driven methodology that allows us to price drivers based on the roads they drive instead of their demographic data, which is the norm today. Loop offers direct-to-consumer insurance products via custom apps with a highly-automated application-to-bind process.
The Insurance Operations Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the functions of the underwriting and products/compliance teams. As part of the insurance operations group, working closely with the CXR team is also part of this role. Reporting to management, assisting team leads, assisting group members, working across Loop teams and hands-on, detailed work is all part of this role. All roles at Loop involve heavy use of modern software applications and participation in continuous improvement of Loop systems and processes.
- Manage day-to-day functions of the underwriting and products/compliance teams
- Coordination w/Head of Customer Service (CXR) to ensure communication across functions
- Work closely with C-Suite to formulate and prioritize Loop goals related to insurance, i.e., products, expansion, timing, customer profiles, feedback to customers, etc.
- Oversee Insurance Operations vendor relationships
- Hands-on assistance with underwriting processes and products/compliance tasks, as required
- Maintaining market awareness of insurance market competitors, risks, vendors and technologies
- Minimum of five years’ combined experience in underwriting and products/compliance preferred.
- Ability to understand and explain insurance coverages offered by the Company.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment based on company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand applicable state insurance regulations and laws.
- Ability to organize and manage priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel in and out of state.
- Commitment to company values and customer service.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with general office computer programs is required to perform position duties (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat & industry specific software)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills, with a desire to contribute and work with a highly-innovative team
- A college degree in an insurance related field, other advanced degrees, career insurance designations, and licenses are highly preferred.
This position is for full time, remote work, with the option to work out of our HQ in Austin, TX
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.