LOOP is a mission-driven insurance company, creating fair car insurance for all. Rather than relying on unfair criteria like credit score to price our customers — we use predictive models and real-time driving data to give customers a price they can feel great about.
We are tech-powered and people-centered. Our community, customers, and team members are at the heart of who we are and why we do what we do. We’re a B-Corp backed by top-tier VCs, institutional investors, and reinsurers, who all believe in the change we’re bringing to this industry.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic company that is positive, engaging, and diverse you’ve found the right place.
The Director of Insurance Operations position will contribute significantly to the company’s growth and long term success in areas of insurance operations, strategic planning and performance. In this role, you will report to senior leadership, manage team leads, work across departments to execute company wide goals and stay abreast of industry trends.
What you will do in this role:
- Manage underwriting and products and compliance teams, to maintain our standards for operational excellence and ensure company-wide objectives are met
- Oversee rate development and refinement, including the development of new product filings in additional states
- Coordinate with service operations to deliver the highest quality customer experience
- Maintain market awareness of insurance market competitors, risks, vendors and technologies
- Oversee initiatives for performance and process improvement across the Insurance Operations team
- Manage talent recruitment and oversee employee training
- Oversee Insurance Operations vendor relationships
- Prepare reports and materials to present to third-parties, including reinsurers
- Assure that compliance and reporting requirements are met
- Minimum of seven years’ combined experience in underwriting and products/compliance preferred.
- Knowledge of private-passenger auto insurance coverages and applicable state insurance regulations and laws.
- Previous experience developing and gaining approval for new insurance products
- Ability to organize and manage teams to meet organizational objectives and key results
- Active Property and Casualty license
- This position is for full time, remote work, with the option to work out of our HQ in Austin, TX
- Time Allocation: 50% Product development, 35% Managing teams, 15% Reporting and Compliance
- $125k - $150k Salary ranges are used in good faith, depends on experience and are subject to change
- Employee Stock Options
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Unlimited leave
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.