LOOP sells car insurance that is fair for everyone. We do this by using data about how and where you drive to make better decisions (rather than relying on credit score and other demographic factors), while delivering a delightful customer experience focused on building community and trust in financial services.
The Senior Backend Software Engineer works with the engineering team to build backend services in the Cloud, mostly in Python (for web and mobile). These include, but are not limited to: RESTful APIs, microservices, and batch/streaming data pipelines. This role is part of LOOP's Engineering team.
- Be an integral part of an agile software engineering team
- Contribute to our API layer to serve multiple systems, services, and apps (mobile and web)
- Code new and existing services in Python to support our customer facing technology efforts
- Package microservices and write configuration files to ensure good deployment to a serverless cloud environment
- Perform code-reviews and ensure that our code base is well documented and easy to debug
- Collaborate with a Product Owner to facilitate data flowing across the organization being served to the right stakeholders
- Help improve and implement engineering best practices
- Experience in Python (3-5 years) highly preferred
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) highly preferred or another Public Cloud (e.g., AWS)
- Experience interacting with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Linux commands
This position is for full time, based in Austin TX with potential options of remote work.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.