LOOP sells car insurance that is fair for everyone. We do this by using data about how and where you drive to make better decisions (rather than relying on credit score and other demographic factors), while delivering a delightful customer experience focused on building community and trust in financial services.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing software projects from start to finish, managing in-house teams as well as 3rd parties if applicable. To be successful in this position, you need to have good estimation techniques and the ability to stay on top of tasks and deadlines. In addition, good communication and decision-making skills are required. This role is part of LOOP’s Engineering team.
- Plan out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance
- Ensure each project stays on schedule
- Determine and oversee consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all states of completion
- Track milestones, deliverables, and change requests
- Serve as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information
- Deliver completed software products and perform regular checks on the products’ performance
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- Experience managing Software Projects, particularly in mobile, front-end and back-end
- Experience managing 3rd party companies, as well as in-house teams
- Experience planning, scheduling, executing, and delivering software projects
- Experience ensuring successful completion of all software projects assigned and oversee the people performing work on the projects
- Experience tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests
- Experience in Agile development and using Jira or any other agile project management tool
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques
- Excellent technical knowledge and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience in project management in the software development space
This position is for full time, based in Austin TX with potential options of remote work.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.