LOOP sells car insurance that is fair for everyone. We do this by using data about how and where you drive to make better decisions (rather than relying on credit score and other demographic factors), while delivering a delightful customer experience focused on building community and trust in financial services.
Underwriters support the review of policies and manage underwriting and binding policies including: direct involvement with customer insurance application review, endorsement processing, document preparation and filing, new business bulk submission review, premium collection, account review, policy renewal process, ensuring customer happiness via web-chat, telephone and email, statutory or regulatory filing assistance, quality control review, and reporting. All insurance operations staff members assist with product and system improvement testing and are encouraged to offer suggestions that improve efficiency and the customer experience.
This role is part of LOOP’s Insurance Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Experience underwriting, 5+ years is preferred
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Knowledge of state insurance regulations and laws
- An understanding of auto insurance coverages, offered by LOOP
- Ability to work independently, stay organized, manage priorities, and exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
- Proficient in Word, Google Sheets, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
This position is for full time, based in Austin TX with potential options of remote work.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please fill out the webform with your contact information and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.