LOOP is seeking guest posts from writers with a passion for detail and research to contribute engaging, informative posts on a range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Car Insurance Education
- Car Ownership & Maintenance Advice
- Money Management & Frugal Living
- Retirement Planning
- Credit and Debt
- The Future of Transportation
Expertise in one or more of these broad areas through direct experience, advanced education, or certifications is required. The ideal writer should:
- Have published samples from recognized car-focused or personal finance sites
- Be capable of writing longer, comprehensive articles (approx. 700 – 1,500 words apiece)
- Be able to incorporate assigned SEO keywords in a natural manner (as directed by our team)
- Be passionate about empowering readers to take charge of their cars and their finances
- Have the ability to understand, introduce, and convey complex insurance and financial concepts to readers in an engaging and clear fashion
- Be an effective researcher comfortable with researching official government sites like ntsb.gov, dot.gov, nhtsa.gov, highways.dot.gov, fmcsa.dot.gov, and transit.dot.gov when necessary
- Be interested in producing quality content over quantity
- Be available to update pieces as needed to insure data is current and accurate
Important information about our guest posts
When pitching, come prepared with at least 3 topics in mind. Due to the volume of requests that we receive, we may not be able to respond to these submissions. The pitch should include:
- The unique angle you’re going to write about
- An explanation of how this ties into our brand, product, and community
- Topics or posts we’ve recently covered that relate to the pitch
After reviewing your 3 topics, we’ll give you the green light to begin writing. Please do not write or submit a fully written guest post without our explicit approval.
We are looking for posts that are at least 700 - 1,500 words. The very first link in your guest post should link internally to another post from our blog that compliments your piece. You are permitted to include a couple of additional links back to your site - within reason. These links should be included naturally within the context of the article you are writing. We reserve the right to include rel=”nofollow” in any links included within your guest posts.
Source all statistics to credible outlets and always include citations for any information you research online. You can include image or graphic visuals you would like added to your guest post and our team of designers will add them in.
A guest post without any headings (h1. h2, h3, etc) will be disregarded outright. Additionally, write using smaller paragraphs whenever possible. Lastly, guest posts should be edited for spelling and grammar before they are submitted. Posts that contain numerous errors will be disregarded.
Be sure to get your topic idea approved by one of our team members before starting to write the piece. The first step in this process is completing the contact form below. Once your idea(s) are approved, you are free to begin writing each article.
We prefer that you use a shared Google Doc when submitting your drafts.
Once your guest post is received, we will review it and inform you of any necessary changes. We make an effort not to change the meaning of the piece but, reserve the right to alter word use or perform other changes to correct for spelling/grammar mistakes or make the post fit better on the blog for branding and SEO purposes.
Once the piece is officially accepted, we will turn it into an official post and will schedule it for publishing.
Please note that guest posts can be rejected or deleted for any reason.
Once your post is published, we encourage you to share it as you like. There is no minimum number of shares or mentions that you must make of the post, but the more popular the guest post is, the more referral traffic your website will receive.
You may NOT republish the guest post on any other site, including yours to avoid our blog getting penalized by Google for creating duplicate content. If we find that it has been republished, it may be removed from this blog, and your chances of publishing another guest post in the future may also be removed.
Guest posts you create are written only for this blog.
Please fill out our guest posting form if you’re interested.
Due to the sheer volume of submissions we receive, we are not able to respond to every submission individually.